Thinking About Getting a Truck Camper – Some Things to Consider
Thinking about getting a camper for your truck? Here are some thing you need to consider before you delve into it.
For anyone who love the outdoors a truck camper combination is a perfect way to pursue outdoor adventures. If you currently own a pickup truck getting a camper will provide you with a modest recreational vehicle. Even better if you truck happens to be a four wheeler. It will give you a vehicle that can take you to some remote places.
Truck campers are designed to slide into the bed of the truck. Larger models may overhang the rear of the truck. It doesn’t matter if you have a short bed or long bed there are camper suited to fit whatever you have. If you have skills to build stuff you could even make a project where you build your own customer camper
Here are some pros and cons to consider before you make a commitment.
- With a camper you can tow with a trailer several types of recreation vehicles like dune buggies, ATV’s or boat. This will further enhance your outdoor adventures
- In comparison with motorhomes or trailer a truck camper has a lower cost.
- Truck campers, because of their versatility, can go almost anywhere there is a road to travel. With a four wheeler this is expanded to rugged dirt roads.
- If you ever need to remove the camper during a camping trip, the camper can be removed and left at the campsite allowing you to drive your vehicle without the camper.
- The living quarter can be small and cramped especially when camping with a family.
- The bigger the camper the more you will need a heavy duty truck to carry it. Additional suspension modification may need to be done to enhance
- When the weather is windy, because of the high center of gravity and increase surface area, a truck camper can be more difficult to drive.