Exploring the Classic 1966 Ford F-250 Camper Special with a Mitchell Chassis Mount Camper
Today, we’re going back in time to look at the Mitchell Chassis Mount Camper. As well as looking at the 1966 Ford F-250 Camper Special. This truck camper combo epitomizes the heyday of recreational vehicles. The classic truck camper designs easily combines comfort and toughness. Making it an enduring attraction. So take a seat, and let’s go on this adventure to learn more about the appeal and usefulness of this retro pairing.
The 1966 Ford F-250 Camper Special:
The 1966 Ford F-250 Camper Special serves as the starting point of this adventure. This truck was a true workhorse in its day. This truck features an eight-cylinder engine. This power plant produced more than enough power for the job at hand. It gave a hands-on driving experience that many enthusiasts still value today. The drivetrain comprises of rear-wheel drive and a manual transmission.
Mitchell Chassis Mount Camper – A Class C Marvel:
Let’s now turn our attention to the Mitchell Chassis Mount Camper,. This camper sits beautifully atop the Ford F-250’s chassis. This Class C camper shows Mitchell’s commitment to producing quality leisure goods. Plus attention to practicality. Let’s examine its features in more detail.
- Side Access Door: The camper’s side access door ensures easy entry and exit.
- Home on Wheels: Inside the Mitchell camper, you’ll find a well-thought-out interior. It includes a stove for preparing meals. There is a dining area for enjoying them. Plus it includes a comfortable bed for a restful night’s sleep.
- Dinette: The dinette area is perfect for gathering with family or friends. Where you can enjoy a meal, playing games, or simply relaxing.
- Refrigerator: Keeping food and beverages fresh during your travels with the built-in refrigerator.
- Rear Gaucho: The rear gaucho provides additional seating. Then it can convert into a bed, accommodating more travelers comfortably.
- Cabover Bunk: The cabover bunk offers a cozy and unique sleeping space.
The Legacy of Mitchell:
Mitchell was a Colorado-based business established in 1958. They were well-known for its broad selection of recreation products. Mitchell also produced fifth wheel trailers, travel trailers, and Class C motorhomes. As well as truck campers like the one we’re looking at today. After the 1980 model year, the company made the decision to abandon the recreational vehicle industry. They turned their attention to the construction of modular homes.
the Mitchell Chassis-equipped 1966 Ford F-250 Camper Special The chassis mount camper. This is a fascinating picture of an earlier time in the history of RVs. It recalls a time when travelers took to the open road with excitement for simplicity of their vehicles. The legacy of Mitchell’s RVs endures in the hearts of aficionados who continue to value these vintage works,. This is in despite the fact that Mitchell may have moved on to new undertakings. Therefore, the “Funmobile” is a historical artifact that everyone should appreciate. Regardless whether they are experienced campers or nostalgic souls.